Surgent’s Critical 1040 Reporting Issues Related to the Affordable Care Act — Penalties and Premium Tax Credits (ACT2) (SSTX06/19)
June 30, 2019 @ 12:00 pm EDT| $80
All individual income tax return preparers need to be thoroughly familiar with Affordable Care Act compliance issues as it relates to individual taxpayers. Preparers should be able to knowledgeably prepare Form 8962, which deals with anyone eligible for a premium tax credit or who received a premium tax credit, whether eligible for it or not. Preparers should also be familiar with any applicable exemptions to the individual penalty that could apply and Form 9065, where application for an exemption is made. The program includes a case study with a line-by-line analysis of the relevant forms. Includes discussion of the practical implications of the IRS’s determine to part with prior policy and enforce the Affordable Care Act to the letter.
All Form 1040 tax return preparers
- Prepare and process the tax forms relating to the premium tax and the individual shared responsibility penalty
- Determining the amount of the individual’s shared responsibility penalty
- Statutory exemptions from mandated health insurance coverage
- Obtaining and calculating the amount of the premium tax credit
- Reconciling the amount of the individual’s premium tax credit awarded with the amount to which the individual is entitled
- Ins and outs of Form 8962, Premium Tax Credit
- Form 8965, Health Coverage Exemptions
- Complete case study with filled-in forms
- Navigating ACA compliance in the face of potential repeal
Knowledge of basic individual income tax
When you purchase a Surgent CPE on-demand course, it must be taken by June 30, 2019, to receive credit.
Within 5 minutes after your purchase, you will receive an email from email@example.com that explains how to access your course and materials.
Once you complete a course, please allow up to 30 days to receive you certificate of completion.
If you have further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800.778-7436. Their help lines are staffed Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm Eastern Time.