Surgent’s Construction Contractors: Critical Accounting, Auditing, and Tax Issues in Today’s Environment (CONS) (SSAA61/19)
June 30, 2019 @ 12:00 pm| $320
Accounting and financial reporting for construction contractors may be the most difficult area to be in compliance with the various standards. Also, construction engagements are, in many instances, more “dangerous” than most lines of businesses due to the many users of the financial statements. In this course, we will discuss why construction accounting and financial reporting are so complex, and discuss the relationship between the contractor and the surety, both from an underwriting and claims perspective. We will also explore what the surety looks for in order to maximize potential bond credit, and we will discuss key areas of tax compliance concentrating on those areas which make construction unique including the impact the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act has on the construction industry.
Practitioners who have construction clients and professionals in the construction industry who need to be up-to-date on the latest information
- Apply accounting and financial reporting standards to construction contractors
- Perform audit and review engagements for construction clients according to the Standards as efficiently and effectively as possible
- Identify tax compliance issues unique to the construction industry and apply the latest changes
- Overall landscape of the construction industry
- GAAP and recent changes affecting the construction industry
- The new Revenue Recognition Standard and its impact on the construction industry
- Unique audit and review issues with construction contractors
- The unique relationship between the contractor and the surety
- Tax compliance issues facing construction contractors
- Going concern disclosures and their importance to the construction industry
- The new lease FASB ASU and its impact on the construction industry
Previous experience in the construction industry or in providing service to construction clients
When you purchase a Surgent CPE on-demand course, it must be taken by June 30, 2019, to receive credit.
Within 5 minutes after your purchase, you will receive an email from email@example.com that explains how to access your course and materials.
Once you complete a course, please allow up to 30 days to receive you certificate of completion.
If you have further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800.778-7436. Their help lines are staffed Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm Eastern Time.