Surgent’s Complete Trust Workshop (TCTW) (SSTX107/19)
June 30, 2019 @ 12:00 pm EDT| $640
The use of trusts will continue to undergo changes in the current year. Clients need to be informed why planning is essential in these changing times. The purpose of this course is to explore the many beneficial issues of trusts, an essential element in estate planning. This course gives insights and practical pointers concerning trusts of every shape and size after tax reform. Updated for the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017.
CPAs who wish to have a complete understanding of the various uses of trusts
- Identify the areas of trusts in connection with disability, charity, life insurance, leveraging gifts, principal residences, and minors
- Understand the role played by a marital deduction trust and a credit shelter bypass trust
- Explain how trusts may protect assets and perpetuate family wealth over multiple generations
- Guide to legislative changes and their impact on trust planning, including the Tax cuts and Jobs Act of 2017
- Introduction to trusts with emphasis on typical provisions
- Revocable living trusts
- Common testamentary trust arrangements — Bypass trusts, QTIP trusts, and other marital trusts
- Asset protection trusts
- Sophisticated trusts for estate planning and asset transfer — GRATs, GRUTs, and QPRTs
- Charitable trusts — Charitable remainder trusts, charitable lead trusts, and pooled income funds
- Irrevocable life insurance trusts
- Medicaid trusts: special needs and Miller
- Trusts for minors — Sections 2503(b) and 2503(c), and other trusts
- Dynasty trusts
- Trusts to hold S corporation stock
- Impact of historically low APRs on various trust arrangements
- Special problems of estates and trusts relating to the 3.8-percent tax on investment income and specific solutions
A basic course in estate and gift tax and a basic course on estate and trust income taxation (Form 1041)
When you purchase a Surgent CPE on-demand course, it must be taken by June 30, 2019, to receive credit.
Within 5 minutes after your purchase, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org that explains how to access your course and materials.
Once you complete a course, please allow up to 30 days to receive you certificate of completion.
If you have further questions, please email email@example.com or call 800.778-7436. Their help lines are staffed Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm Eastern Time.