Surgent’s Complete Guide to Liquidation of Business Entities (CGLB) (SSTX30/19)
June 30, 2019 @ 12:00 pm| $480
Liquidations may be used as an alternative to the sale of a business or as an adjunct to the sale of business assets. The objective of this course is to fully explore the technical tax and business issues in liquidating C corporations, S corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies. This unique course is essential for anyone planning to sell a business.
CPAs in public accounting and industry involved in business entity liquidations
- Describe the tax consequences to a corporation and its shareholders on a complete liquidation and the alternatives to a liquidation
- Understand the particular issues in the liquidation of an S corporation
- Consider the options available on the complete liquidation of a partnership or LLC
- Impact of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017
- The unique planning opportunities and tax traps involved in the liquidation of a business entity
- Understanding installment sales and the big hurdles to favorable tax treatment in liquidation
- Filing Form 966: it’s more important than you think
- An analysis of when liquidation is advisable – now or later?
- Strategies to pursue in light of the tax rates on dividends and capital gains
- The special problems of liquidating Subchapter S corporations
- Key planning issues and benefits in liquidating partnerships and limited liability companies
A basic course in partnerships/LLCs, S corporations, and C corporations
When you purchase a Surgent CPE on-demand course, it must be taken by June 30, 2019, to receive credit.
Within 5 minutes after your purchase, you will receive an email from email@example.com that explains how to access your course and materials.
Once you complete a course, please allow up to 30 days to receive you certificate of completion.
If you have further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800.778-7436. Their help lines are staffed Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm Eastern Time.