Surgent’s Communicating Internal Control Deficiencies (Audit Skills Training – Level 5) (A5M2) (SSAA31/19)
June 30, 2019 @ 12:00 pm EDT| $120
Professional and regulatory audit standards require communication of internal control matters noted on a financial statement audit. This assists management and those charged with governance with satisfying responsibilities for designing, implementing, maintaining and monitoring internal controls. This module will help the auditor with understanding how to improve the required communications to be more value-added to the client.
Accountants who are responsible for drafting internal control related matters noted in an audit
- Discuss what, when and to whom to communicate identified deficiencies in internal control during the financial statement audit
- Describe how to categorize the severity of identified deficiencies
- Explain how to draft written communications in a way that will increase the likelihood of corrective action
- The required communication of internal control matters noted on an audit
- Evaluating the severity of identified deficiencies, including consideration of qualitative considerations
- Elements to include in the letter or report including internal control matters
- Components of a well-written internal control comment
- Better writing tips and techniques
Experience on complex audit engagements
When you purchase a Surgent CPE on-demand course, it must be taken by June 30, 2019, to receive credit.
Within 5 minutes after your purchase, you will receive an email from email@example.com that explains how to access your course and materials.
Once you complete a course, please allow up to 30 days to receive you certificate of completion.
If you have further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800.778-7436. Their help lines are staffed Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm Eastern Time.