Surgent’s Auditing Common Investments (Audit Skills Training – Level 3) (A3M5) (SSAA19/19)
June 30, 2019 @ 12:00 pm EDT| $120
Many small- and mid-size entities hold less complex investments, including ‘plain vanilla’ derivatives (such as interest rate swaps). This module will provide an overview for evaluating the proper recognition, measurement and disclosure of common investments types.
Accountants responsible for accounting for or auditing less complex investments, including ‘plain vanilla’ derivatives
- Explain typical audit risks associated with auditing common investments
- Discuss how to tailor the audit plan to assessed risks of material misstatement
- Describe accounting for common derivatives
- Explain fair value presentation and disclosure requirements
- Overview of common investment types
- Typical audit risks and related audit procedures
- Investments in other entities
- Understanding common ‘plain vanilla’ derivatives, like interest rate swaps
- Fair value disclosure, including applying the fair value hierarchy
Familiarity with SASs and FASBs
When you purchase a Surgent CPE on-demand course, it must be taken by June 30, 2019, to receive credit.
Within 5 minutes after your purchase, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org that explains how to access your course and materials.
Once you complete a course, please allow up to 30 days to receive you certificate of completion.
If you have further questions, please email email@example.com or call 800.778-7436. Their help lines are staffed Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm Eastern Time.