Surgent’s Auditing Cash and Cash Equivalents (Audit Skills Training: Level 1) (A1M8) (SSAA07/19)
June 30, 2019 @ 12:00 pm| $120
Cash tends to be one of the first areas assigned to new auditors, as there is typically little complexity and subjectivity involved. In addition, persuasive audit evidence from a third-party is generally available. However, research shows that around 80% of asset misappropriation relates to cash. Therefore, the audit of accounts and classes of disclosures related to cash and cash equivalents does tend to carry risk of material misstatement.
Professionals new to auditing cash and cash equivalents
- Standard audit procedures related to cash and cash equivalents
- Case study related to auditing cash and cash equivalents, including identifying and evaluating a misappropriation of cash
- Typical presentation and disclosure issues related to cash
- Exercise related to do’s and don’ts in client interview situations
- Key controls related to cash receipts and cash disbursements
- Explain typical audit risks and special considerations related to cash and cash equivalents
- Describe designing a detailed audit plan, linking assessed risk to planned procedures
- Perform typical audit procedures associated with auditing cash and cash equivalents
- Discuss how to obtain evidence through inquiry of the client
When you purchase a Surgent CPE on-demand course, it must be taken by June 30, 2019, to receive credit.
Within 5 minutes after your purchase, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org that explains how to access your course and materials.
Once you complete a course, please allow up to 30 days to receive you certificate of completion.
If you have further questions, please email email@example.com or call 800.778-7436. Their help lines are staffed Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm Eastern Time.