Surgent’s Advanced Concepts in SSARS 21 and Nonattest Services (SAR4) (SSAA106/19)
June 30, 2019 @ 12:00 pm EDT| $160
Practitioners who provide non-audit services must strike the right balance between complying with relevant professional and regulatory standards while mitigating litigation and other practice management risks. This course contains many best practices for managing the accounting, reporting, and performance issues associated with the attest services of compilations and reviews where reports are issued, as well as the SSARS 21 preparation of financial statements nonattest service.
Anyone who performs or supervises non-audit engagements
- Describe practice management risks associated with SSARS 21 services
- Properly apply relevant professional standards with regulations for SSARS 21-23 services
- Avoid peer review and litigation risks in SSARS 21 services
- Be familiar with the numerous illustrations and examples of practical guidance to implement important key learning points
- Complete coverage of SSARS No. 21-23 related to Preparation of Financial Statements, Compilations and Reviews
- Identifying and safeguarding independence threats for issuing attest reports
- Defining the varying levels of responsibility for accountants providing non-audit services
- Performing compilations and reviews effectively and efficiently, including developing proper advance expectations for review analytical procedures
- Properly considering going concern, subsequent events, and other disclosure matters
- Common issues related to peer reviews, including recurring reporting problems
Experience with performing non-audit services
When you purchase a Surgent CPE on-demand course, it must be taken by June 30, 2019, to receive credit.
Within 5 minutes after your purchase, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org that explains how to access your course and materials.
Once you complete a course, please allow up to 30 days to receive you certificate of completion.
If you have further questions, please email email@example.com or call 800.778-7436. Their help lines are staffed Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm Eastern Time.