Protecting Your Business in an Online World: Information Risk Management & Cybersecurity Basics (LIVESTREAM) (LIMG02/22)
It’s all too often that front page news includes a report of a high-profile cyber security breach. No organization is immune to the threat of a cyber-attack. As stewards of a company’s assets, CFO’s and Controllers need to work with their Information Security counterparts to identify and mitigate the risk associated with protecting data. This course starts off by differentiating information security, cyber security and network security and review SOX requirements pertaining to internal controls over data. This course connects the dots between Enterprise Risk Management and InfoSec Risk Management. We will review the importance of addressing cyber risk and the financial impact of a cyber-attack and discuss four strategies an organization uses to mitigate cyber risk.
CFO’s, controllers, and staff who deal with sensitive data and want to take care of it.
Differentiate between Information Security, Cyber Security, and Network Security Identify the four primary ways to mitigate risk Identify the processes involved with managing cybersecurity risk Outline the Risk Management and IT Control Framework within your organization Recognize and consider information security risks within your organization Describe the key considerations involved in purchasing cyber insurance
- Review Impact of Cyber Crime
- Explore the Information Security Hierarchy
- Define CFO’s Responsibilities
- Examine Internal Control Frameworks and SOX Requirements
- Review Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)
- Strategies to Manage Cyber Risk
- Connect ERM to the Information Control Framework and Risk Assessment Process
- Walkthrough the IT Risk Assessment Processs
- Analyzing the Method of Measuring Risk
- Explore Various Types of Cyber Risk
- Explain the Benefits of Cyber Insurance