Internal Control Considerations Post-Pandemic (LIVESTREAM) (LIAA19/22)
There is simply no denying that a sufficiently designed and effectively operating system of internal controls over reliable financial reporting is more important than ever. The primary objective of this course is to give participants “hands-on” practice in designing, evaluating, and communicating conclusions related to design and operating effectiveness of internal controls over reliable financial reporting and other risks for smaller, less-complex, environments post-pandemic.
Anyone with responsibilities for designing or evaluating internal control over financial reporting
- Describe critical concepts promulgated by COSO’s internal control and enterprise-wide risk management
- Explain best practices for designing, implementing and monitoring internal controls over reliable financial reporting, which are particularly important post-pandemic
- Recognizing the importance of each of the key components of a sound system of internal controls over financial reporting, regardless of entity’s nature, size or complexity
- Understanding the critical role of information technology (IT) general and application controls to reliable financial reporting, even in less-complex IT environments
- Identifying and evaluating the sufficiency of key controls to satisfy control objectives post–pandemic