D05 – A Controller’s Guide to Assessing the Risk of Your Organization: Coverages and Exclusions for Basic Business Policies (LIAA97/21)
Part of being a CFO or Controller is protecting the assets of the organization and managing risk. While many financial leaders feel comfortable with the strategic aspect of this task, finding the right insurance coverages can leave one feeling out of their element. This course will focus on three common business policies – the package policy, the business & property policy, and the cyber policy. Through case studies and illustrative examples, we will explore what these policies cover, as well as what they don’t cover. We will also discuss how to have more productive conversations with outside insurance brokers.
CPA’s who manage the risk management function within their companies.
- Identify the basic parts of a P&C insurance policy
- Recognize the basic approach to building an insurance program for a company
- State the coverages and exclusions for commercial package, building & property, and cyber insurance policies.
- Identify techniques to building a better partnership with outside insurance brokers.
- Parts of the Property & Casualty Insurance Policy
- Coverages and exclusions for ISO commercial package policies
- Coverages and exclusions for ISO Building & Property policies
- Coverages and exclusions for Cyber Insurance policies
- Tips & Tricks to working with insurance brokers
This event is brought to you as part of Spring Splash.