Controllership CFO Series (SMMG11/22)
Gone are the days in which the CFO was just in charge of keeping the books. Today’s CFO’s are
involved in all parts of a company’s operations. Utilizing case studies, research, and discussion
questions, this course will explore how to look at topics such as picking out the best retirement plan,
managing remote employees, strategic forecasting, and managing the budgeting process through the
lens of a CFO.
CFO’s & Controllers in all areas of business who want to widen their skill set
- State the elements of the CGMA Competency Framework.
- List the different types of retirement plans and what companies they would appeal to.
- Identify recent trends in group health insurance plans.
- Recognize key differences between bottom-up, top-down, and flexible forecasting.
- List the different types of behavioral biases.
- Identify best practices for managing remote employees
- Elements of the CGMA Competency Framework
- Company Retirement Plans
- Health Insurance Trends
- Building Better Forecasts
- Behavioral Biases & the Budgeting Process
- Managing Remote Employees