Complying With the New Expected Credit Loss Model for Financial Instruments (LIAA13/24)
All entities are subject to the new expected credit loss model established by recent GAAP. This course will provide highlights of the latest requirements for measurement, presentation, and disclosure.
Public and industry accountants responsible for monitoring fair presentation of financial statements
• Identify the latest accounting and financial reporting requirements of the expected credit loss model for certain financial instruments
• Recall answers to frequently asked questions related to applying the new requirements to nonpublic entities that aren’t financial institutions
• Principles behind the new expectation credit loss model
• Acceptable methods for evaluating expected credit loss for certain financial instruments
• Enhanced disclosure requirements common for nonpublic entities that