A03 – Managing People – Conquering the Soft Side of Your Job (LIVESTREAM) (LIOT70/21)
You have probably heard the saying that “employees quit managers – not companies.” Perhaps this has never been more true than now – when many people are working from home, and the only contact they often have with their employer is through their manager. There can be no doubt that one of the most important parts of being a leader is cultivating a good team. But how do you do that – especially if you don’t have a background in human resources? In this course, we will explore how financial leaders can be better managers. Through case studies, statistics, and sharing best practices, we will explore how to get the best from employees and create an environment that employees want to come back to day in and day out
CPA’s in leadership positions that have a team supporting them.
- Identify which employee benefits employees care about the most according to survey data.
- Recognize basic employment documents.
- State the major parts of the employee handbook.
- Name the major leadership styles and behavioral biases that exhibit themselves in the workplace.
- Distinguish factors to consider before writing an employee recommendation letter
- Statistics on most valued employee benefits
- The challenges of managing people remotely
- Getting the most from the interview process
- Basic employment documents
- Best practices for writing the employee handbook
- Documenting employee performance and performance evaluations
- Leadership styles and culture
- Behavioral biases in the workplace
- Best practices for employee termination
- Writing recommendation letters
This event is brought to you as part of Spring Splash.