B01 – Planning with IRAs (LIVESTREAM) (LITX71/21)
Having sufficient assets to live a comfortable and secure retirement is one of the concerns that many people face. This concern cannot be resolved without having a solid retirement plan. In this course, we will discuss how to help clients build after-tax wealth by talking about the different IRAs, stating the rules related to contributions and distributions and highlighting the effect of the recent tax law changes on the planning process.
Enrolled Agent Approved
CPA’s, tax practitioners, and financial advisors who work with clients to help them achieve their retirement goals.
- State who may contribute to a Traditional IRA and a Roth IRA
- Recognize how recent legislation has affected the taxation of IRA’s
- Identify retirement planning considerations when recommending IRA’s to clients
- Role of IRA’s in a Retirement Plan
- IRA types and basic taxation of contributions & distributions
- IRA Contribution Deduction – Rules & Limitations
- Early Withdrawal Penalty Exceptions
- RMD’s and other recent tax legislation changes
- Traditional and more recent IRA planning considerations
This event is brought to you as part of Spring Splash.