Audit Skills: Do’s and Don’t’s for New Auditors (LIVESTREAM) (LIAA22/22)
Learn the basic skills new staff need to hit the ground running and efficiently complete assigned tasks, including what new auditors are expected to know and do, including the nature, timing, and extent of common audit procedures. Focus on why certain procedures are performed and perform typical procedures.
Anyone with responsibilities for financial statement audits with limited practical experience.
- Describe the importance of maintaining professional skepticism
- Explain critical elements of high-quality audit documentation
- List the characteristics of a proper risk assessment process linked to the detailed audit plan
- Describe how to satisfy the minimum requirements for evaluating the design and implementation of internal controls relevant to the audit
- Professional skepticism – Creating a mindset for finding fraud and error
- Audit documentation basics – Creating workpapers that pass review
- The audit risk model – Understanding the foundational principles
- Internal control fundamentals – Satisfying the requirements for evaluating the design and implementation of internal control over financial reporting