Audit & Attest Update (the SASs, SSARS, SSAES, Fraud Trends, etc.) (LIVESTREAM) (LIAA29/22)
Both public and private CPAs must be current on changes to various potentially relevant professional standards, including changes related audits, compilations, reviews, and other attest services. This module provides recent and proposed changes to relevant professional and regulatory standards that have potential impact on public accounting services provided in the current period.
Anyone with responsibilities for financial statement audits or other attest services.
- Explain changes to various professional standards related to audits and other attest services
- Discuss other matters relevant to services provided by CPAs in the current period, such as fraud trends and cybersecurity risks that could impact the fair presentation of financial information
- Explain how to manage peer review risk associated with audit and nonaudit services
- Discuss practical examples of implementing changing professional and relevant regulatory requirements
- Recently issued AICPA audit and attest standards, including the SASs, SSARSs, and SSAEs
- Recently issued changes in PCAOB Audit Standards
- Highlights of changes in other standards, such as Government Auditing Standards or International Standards on Auditing
- Other matters that should be on your radar, such as current fraud trends and cybersecurity risks