The South Carolina Association of CPAs places a special value on how our Members volunteer their assistance to our advocacy programs. It would be impossible to accomplish all we strive to do without your generous efforts across a wide range of activities networking and communicating.
In the coming months, the SCACPA staff will be taking steps to make sure we find the volunteer activities that best suit your interests and talents so we can target all our efforts in the most impactful ways possible.
Part of it will begin with a survey that we’re building with the RAP Index. They specialize in helping state associations and nonprofits get the most out of their advocacy relationships with legislators.
All year long, SCACPA works hard to advocate with state legislators on laws, regulations and policies that affect CPAs when it comes to Conformity, Tax Reform, Budgeting and Disaster Relief.
We know that we can be even more effective if we can strategically make the most of who our Members know and in what ways they want to be involved. The goal is to find key messengers and relationships we would never have known about otherwise.
As we finalize our survey questions and get ready to launch this initiative, please start thinking about such questions as:
- How involved are you with your local SCACPA Chapter, the AICPA and other organizations?
- What relationships do you have with legislators and policy influencers?
- How involved are you in attending governmental meetings?
- Do you typically donate to political campaigns?
- In what ways are you able to campaign for SCACPA advocacy?
- What are the media sources that you follow to keep up on current events?
- Are you willing to write newspaper editorials or letters to your elected officials?
- How knowledgeable are you when it comes to SCACPA’s advocacy efforts?
- Are you familiar with CPA-PAC?
For more information on the work performed by the RAP Team, go to: http://www.rapindex.com/
SCACPA thanks you in advance for your assistance in making our Association stronger. As always, we appreciate your support of SCACPA as we protect and promote the CPA credential throughout our state.