CPA Leadership Institute
Developing Leaders for the Profession and the Association
Recognizing the critical need to develop future leaders for the accounting profession and association, the South Carolina Association of CPAs launched the CPA Leadership Institute in May 2014.
The CPA Leadership Institute is the only local program designed specifically for accounting professionals. This six month intensive training program incorporates actual case studies of relevance to the accounting profession and enables young CPAs to develop the skill set necessary to become the next generation of leaders.
CPA Leadership Institute participants will:
- Develop critical and creative thinking skills that facilitate collaboration and a shared vision for their respective organizations
- Acquire practical tools that they can immediately implement in their professional activities
- Identify, refine and leverage their unique leadership strengths to inspire others to create engaged and skilled teams
- Create a local network of top professionals and future business leaders, establish valuable relationships with other talented emerging leaders and build a sense of accountability within this community of peers
- Build a pipeline of future leaders for the profession and the S.C. Association of CP
The South Carolina Leadership Institute features the nationally recognized program, Insights to Action, a systematic approach to strategic planning that will engage participants in learning how to create a shared strategy that instills commitment and inspires action. The program also utilizes Strengths Based Leadership, which helps participants identify their top strengths and align these natural talents within their organization fostering an innovative and productive environment.
The cost of the program is $1,000 (excluding travel and hotel).
However, SCACPA is subsidizing $500 per participant for 2015.