Apply for 2014-15 AICPA Scholarhip
AICPA will award more than 100 scholarships for the 2014-2015 academic year, totaling more than $300,000, as part of the AICPA Legacy Scholars program. Students can apply at ThisWayToCPA.com until Monday, April 1, 2014.
SCACPA Scholarship Program
Accounting scholarships are available through the SCACPA Educational Fund and are awarded on an annual basis. Applications are due by June 1 preceding the start of the current academic year. Interested in applying? Download the application.
- South Carolina resident
- Rising junior or senior majoring in accounting (or Master’s Degree student) at a South Carolina college or university.
- GPA of no less than 3.25 overall (on a 4.0 scale).
- GPA in accounting no less than 3.5 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Applications must be received complete with all attachments
Educational Fund Awards $23,500 in Scholarships to 11 Students
The South Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants (SCACPA) Educational Fund Trustees recently awarded $23,500 in scholarships to 11 students across the state.
The scholarship recipients will be honored Nov. 14 at a student recognition luncheon during SCACPA’s Annual Summit at the DoubleTree by Hilton in Columbia.
The 2013-14 scholarship winners are:
- Anna Arnold, of Little Mountain, a senior at the University of South Carolina and recipient of the Central Chapter of SCACPA Scholarship.
- Jacob Behal, of Simpsonville, a junior at Furman University and recipient of the Sheheen Hancock & Godwin Scholarship, Francis Humphries Scholarship and SCACPA Scholarship.
- Michelle June Chapman, of Greer, a senior at the University of South Carolina and recipient of the Joe Jackson Memorial Scholarship, which is the highest honor awarded to the top recipient.
- Lindsey Brooke Cox, of Dalzell, a senior at the University of South Carolina-Upstate, and recipient of the Kaye Carter Scholarship and Brigman Holcomb Weeks Scholarship.
- Hannah Rae Crump, of Rock Hill, a graduate student at Clemson University and recipient of the Central Chapter of SCACPA Graduate Student Scholarship.
- Michael D. Darlin, of Greenville, a senior at Bob Jones University and recipient of the Piedmont Chapter of SCACPA Scholarship and Ray Waters Scholarship.
- Rebecca NeSmith, of Summerville, a senior at the College of Charleston and recipient of the Coastal Chapter of SCACPA Scholarship, Robinson Grant & Co. Scholarship, and WebsterRogers LLP Scholarship.
- William D. Stalvey, of Georgetown, a junior at Clemson University and recipient of the Sea Island Chapter of SCACPA Scholarship and Lollie Harper Scholarship.
- William Christian Stormer, of Columbia, a senior at Clemson University and recipient of the Burch Oxner Seale Scholarship; Burkett, Burkett & Burkett, CPA, PA Scholarship; and the C. C. McGregor Scholarship
- Yanhong Sun, of Central, a senior at Clemson University and recipient of the Edgar Vaughn Scholarship and Past Presidents Scholarship.
- Michael White, of Greenwood, a graduate student at Clemson University and recipient of the South Carolina Association of CPAs Graduate Student Scholarship.