New Volunteer Structure and Chairs 2014-2015
As part of its strategic plan, the board recently evaluated SCACPA’s more than 80 distinct programs and services, including committees and task forces. As a result, the board reengineered a number of committees and task forces in order to engage more members for shorter-term, project-based opportunities. As new project based opportunities arise, a call will be sent to members gauging their interest. Instead of the once per year open enrollment period, there will be an ongoing opportunity to get involved with SCACPA, simply email the staff liaison for the group of interest at the email noted, if you have questions. To sign-up to volunteer, click here.
Chief Operating Officer
- Audit Committee – William Barefoot, Chair – Karen Hancock, Staff Liaison
- Political Action Committee – Doug Snyder, Chair – Erin Pate, Staff Liaison
- Finance Committee – Robert Tilton, Chair – Erin Pate & Karen Hancock, Staff Liaisons
- Leadership Selection and Succession Committee – Michael Putich, Chair – Erin Pate, Staff Liaison
General Committees: A group of members, appointed by the Board, to whom a matter is referred, or is committed for attention, investigation, analysis, or resolution. Other committees meet regularly but do not exist due to a constitutional mandate; therefore, they can be dissolved should the purpose no longer meet a need.
- Accounting Careers and Academic Relations Committee – Tim Baker, Chair – Maureen Taylor, Staff Liaison
- Behavioral Standards Committee – TBD, Chair – Erin Pate, Staff Liaison
- Continuing Professional Education Committee – Russ Madray, Chair – Reva Brennan, Staff Liaison
- Legislative, Advocacy and Regulatory Committee – Todd Dailey, Chair – Erin Pate, Staff Liaison
- Members in Business & Industry Committee – Amanda Koehler, Chair – Reva Brennan, Staff Liaison
- Peer Review Committee – Christina Kelly, Chair – Glenna Osier, Staff Liaison
- Taxation Committee – Brian Johnson, Chair – Reva Brennan, Staff Liaison
Special Interest Forum
A forum of like-minded members who meet periodically as needed to share information, ideas and views and to undertake projects, if needed.
- Business Valuation and Forensic & Litigation Services Forum – Reva Brennan & April Cox, Staff Liaisons
- Information Technology Forum – Karen Hancock, Staff Liaison
Temporary group of members formed to carry out a specific project or to solve a problem. Meets as needed for the duration of the project.
- Editorial Board Task Force – Charles Alvis, Chair – Maureen Taylor, Staff Liaison
- Long Range Planning Task Force – Dave Masters, Chair – Erin Pate & Reva Brennan, Staff Liaisons
Similar to task forces, but designed to be even shorter in scope and duration. May or may not actually have a meeting. May be asked to provide work individually and/or electronically. Staff has the authority to create action teams to meet a need, i.e. Conference Action Team to assist with speaker introductions and registration, Social Media Action Team to promote programs and services, and create networking among members.
- Benefits Action Team – Maureen Taylor, Staff Liaison
- Conference Planning Action Teams – April Cox, Staff Liaison
- Accounting & Auditing
- Financial Planning
- Small Firms
- Membership Action Team – Maureen Taylor, Staff Liaison
Roundtable or Council
Made up of members with a common specialty or practice area. Meets generally one to two times a year to discuss issues and ideas. Generally does not take on projects but may provide direction to Association on initiatives.