Member Engagement Structure, Opportunities and 2014-2015 Chairs
Chief Operating Officer
- Audit Committee – Zoe Davis, Chair – Karen Hancock, Staff Liaison
- Political Action Committee – Steve Mann, Chair – Erin Pate, Staff Liaison
- Leadership Selection and Succession Committee – Sharon Mann, Chair – Erin Pate, Staff Liaison
General Committees: A group of members, appointed by the Board, to whom a matter is referred, or is committed for attention, investigation, analysis, or resolution. Other committees meet regularly but do not exist due to a constitutional mandate; therefore, they can be dissolved should the purpose no longer meet a need.
- Accounting Careers and Academic Relations Committee – Tim Baker, Chair – Maureen Taylor, Staff Liaison
- Continuing Professional Education Committee – Russ Madray, Chair – Reva Brennan, Staff Liaison
- Editorial Committee – Charles Alvis, Chair – Maureen Taylor, Staff Liaison
- Legislative, Advocacy and Regulatory Committee – Todd Dailey, Chair – Erin Pate, Staff Liaison
- Members in Business & Industry Committee – Amanda Koehler, Chair – Reva Brennan, Staff Liaison
- Peer Review Committee – Christina Kelly, Chair - Reva Brennan, Staff Liaison
- Taxation Committee – Brian Johnson, Chair – Reva Brennan, Staff Liaison
Special Interest Forum
A forum of like-minded members who meet periodically as needed to share information, ideas and views and to undertake projects, if needed.
- Business Valuation and Forensic & Litigation Services Forum – Reva Brennan, Staff Liaison
- Information Technology Forum – Karen Hancock, Staff Liaison
Temporary group of members formed to carry out a specific project or to solve a problem. Meets as needed for the duration of the project.
Similar to task forces, but designed to be even shorter in scope and duration. May or may not actually have a meeting. May be asked to provide work individually and/or electronically. Staff has the authority to create action teams to meet a need, i.e. Conference Action Team to assist with speaker introductions and registration, Social Media Action Team to promote programs and services, and create networking among members.
- Benefits Action Team – Maureen Taylor, Staff Liaison
- Conference Planning Action Teams – Reva Brennan, Staff Liaison
- Accounting & Auditing
- Financial Planning
- Small Firms
- Membership Action Team – Maureen Taylor, Staff Liaison
Roundtable or Council
Made up of members with a common specialty or practice area. Meets generally one to two times a year to discuss issues and ideas. Generally does not take on projects but may provide direction to Association on initiatives.