Another benefit of scacpa membership!
ext. 105 (803) 791-4181
Who will you meet at a chapter event? You just never know. Chapter events not only attract every kind of association member—from public to industry, auditors to planners, career veterans to recent college graduates—but a wide variety of local professionals as well.
About SCACPA's Chapter Network
SCACPA members who are South Carolina residents are automatically assigned to one of the association’s eight regional chapters based on the city of their preferred mailing address. Those members who live outside of the state may elect to participate in a chapter of their choice. Chapters are an integral part of the association and facilitate networking and educational opportunities for members throughout the state.
Local chapters provide an excellent opportunity for members to develop leadership skills by taking an active role in both the association and the profession. Members are kept abreast of chapter activities and programs through a monthly chapter-specific e-newsletter. Members and non-members can access up-to-date chapter event details, including registration information, by visiting the Register for Events section.
- Affiliates of the association
- A source for nominees to the SCACPA Board of Directors
- A vehicle to develop relationships with area legislators, regulators, and other professionals
- Important in the recruitment of members
- Responsible to the association’s Board of Directors
- A source for nominees for SCACPA membership awards
- Funded through the annual membership dues and the budget request process to support member programs
- Empowered to take official action on a matter involving SCACPA members after gaining approval from the board of directors
- Included in the association’s annual financial audit
- Included in the association’s CPE Sponsorship Agreement with the South Carolina board of Accountancy