Ten Great Reasons to Become a Member of SCACPA
5 Ways SCACPA Members Save
1. Going to Continuing Professional Education seminars and conferences. Association members save $100 on every eight-hour seminar. By the time members have satisfied half of the SC BOA requirement, their membership has paid for itself.
2. Becoming part of the SCACPA community. With easy access to CPAs in chapters, committees and resource groups, members won’t have to work as hard to establish a network. And members don’t have to join multiple clubs to build relationships with lawyers, bankers and other professionals. In person or online, there are opportunities for working together, new ventures and new business.
3. Enrolling in Find-A-CPA Online Referral Service. Members advertising in phone directories, weekly newspapers, on diner placemats or through direct mail can get that same exposure at a fraction of the cost through Find-A-CPA.
4. Reading the South Carolina CPA Report, Current Assets and other SCACPA publications. The SCACPA gives fast, concise reports about the news on South Carolina accounting regulations, accounting reform, technical pronouncements, management practices, technology advancements and more. No searching the internet, costly magazine subscriptions or research fees — it’s all included.
5. Insuring their life and business. Members can protect their future by saving on high-quality insurance products for employee medical and dental, professional liability and a host of additional ancillary products for employees and their businesses.
1. Get frequent updates on industry changes.
Getting information to members is what we do best. As a member, you’ll hear about essential legislative and regulatory issues and vital developments affecting your bottom line through weekly, monthly and quarterly publications and news resources.
2. Learn what innovative business leaders know.
Attend SCACPA CPE seminars, conferences and networking forums to stay current with changes in technology, technical pronouncements and court rulings crucial to your job. Members can save as much as $1500 every three years.
3. Make a difference for South Carolina’s CPAs.
By just being a member, you’re part of the strongest voice for South Carolina’s CPA profession. SCACPA evaluates and monitors legislation and keeps an eye on developing trends. Plus, we report the latest news and help you know when to take action. When we promote the interests of CPAs before the state legislature, regulatory bodies and other organizations, your voice is heard.
4. Advance as a professional.
Being involved in SCACPA activities can bring your career to another level as you learn new skills and make key contacts. You’ll enjoy learning from other members through your own member-to-member network; plus, you and your business will find solutions you need to know.
5. Interact with real people in the industry.
Even with email and voice mail, face-to-face interaction will never go out of style. Chapters, committees and resource groups allow you to exchange ideas and information and work with others around the boardroom, lunch, dinner, or cocktail table.
6. Increase your clout.
Become a member and let your clients know that you belong to a more than 3,900- member organization dedicated to integrity and professional excellence. Increase your visibility and leverage your marketing dollars by becoming a media resource, writing for the South Carolina CPA Report or speaking to schools, community groups or S.C. business publications.
7. Advance the profession.
SCACPA is relentlessly promoting the CPA credential. Membership makes image enhancement efforts possible so that your future clients, the media, and the public know that today’s CPAs are business partners, analysts, strategists, financial planners, business valuators and trust-worthy advisors performing at high levels in a complex business environment.
8. Save time and money.
SCACPA has the tools and information resources to direct you in the right direction when you’re in need of ideas and know-how. Plus, you can experience exclusive member-only rewards like discounted CPE, conference calling services, professional magazine subscriptions, product purchases, overnight delivery service and more.
9. Find business partners, employees or a job.
SCACPA membership means you can find potential business partners, employees or employers all in one organization through online or in-person networking and through our accounting job bank.
10. Invest in your future.
SCACPA helps sustain the future of your profession by looking ahead to envision the next generation of the profession and taking initiatives that make sense for your future. The needs of business change and expand, so too will the CPA. SCACPA membership keeps you prepared.